HOPE Sri Lanka teams with communities to relieve poverty ensure well-being and restore dignity. Creating stable jobs, improving household returns from agriculture, finding value for communities who protect the environment -these are the tools we use to help communities achieve these goals.
Natural disasters, conflict, shaky market forces, all can create economic insecurity. We partner with vulnerable communities to develop valuable products and services, and access to the markets that want them. Our programs:
- Create enterprises and jobs by offering business development services
- Connect workers to markets through training, technology and marketing support
- Increase the value families achieve from their farm products
- Train women and widows in marketable skills
- Protect livelihoods after emergencies with cash infusions, feed for livestock and crop redevelopment
- Link environmental protection to financial gain through items such as fuel-efficient cook stoves or eco-tourism projects